Thursday, June 23, 2016

Catch up on Photos!

I have been so busy with new things going on that I have not been on the computer except for my phone.  I haven't blogged, haven't done my budget and haven't done much reading.
Also the weather has been beautiful and I spend as much time as I can outside.  
I do still constantly take photos with my iPhone however!
But today we are having a nice rainy day which we have needed.
So here I am.  I'll try to catch up on a few things.
I'll save the recent news till next post.

Here are some of the misc. photos from my life from the past couple weeks:

Molly was broody for about a week but is out of it now.

Beautiful foxglove.



This is an ancient large tree with the most interesting bark.
I think it is an osage orange tree but doesn't drop fruit.  Maybe it's just too old to produce any longer.
It is the home to many little red squirrels. 


I moved the little chicks (now called poullets) out into a cage in the chicken run to introduce them slowly to Molly and Dottie.

That left me with the mess to clean up in the dining room!!
Everything was full of dust and had to be wet wiped and EVERYTHING washed in the entire room.  
Took me 2-3 hours!

We had a little nap after that!!

At first the little ones kept knocking over their food and water.

But I figured it out.
Hopefully this will only be a 2 week arrangement before I can fully integrate them.

My plan to transfer them into another pen inside the garage at night just didn't work out.
WAY too hard to catch them at this point!

So I put a tarp over them that I can lower in case of cold nights or storms that could blown rain in on them.

I'll try to catch up to today in the next post!

Shirley




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails