Monday, January 14, 2013

Rich Baked Potato Soup

I made a big pot of baked potato soup today.
I ate some for supper. I have some for tomorrow and have lots of containers for the freezer for whenever!

It's really delicious but I made it a little rich!
I didn't have 7 cups of milk, only 4 so I substituted half and half for the other 3 cups!
I wouldn't do that again, only because it sure doesn't need the extra richness.




Here's the recipe I used.

4 large baked potatoes, baked then cooled and peeled and cut in pieces.
1 chopped onion
2/3 C butter.
2/3 cup flour
10 stripes of bacon cooked well and crumbled
1 C shredded cheese.  (I used cheddar)
7 C milk
8oz sour cream
3/4 tsp seasoned salt

Melt butter in large soup pot, add onions till tender then flour and cook till thickened.
Add milk, cheese, sour cream, potatoes and seasoning.
Cook till thickened.
I use a hand blender to chop up some of the potatoes but leave some chunks.
Add in bacon and some pepper at the end and stir till heated.

Enjoy

I'm linking up with Tempt My Tummy Tuesday:
http://www.blessedwithgrace.net/category/tempt-my-tummy-tuesday/

AND:

Foodie Friday
http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

Shirley

2 comments:

  1. Mmm.. this is yummy! I would also put green onions on top of my soup. Goes well with the bacon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a package of Bearcreek soup mix from Big Lots. you just add 8 cups of water and cook! It's wonderful and thick. It only costs $3.00! Makes 8cups of great soup.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails