Sunday, September 27, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Friday, September 25, 2009
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Grilled Chicken with Greek Flavors
From Country Living
This recipe has been tested by Country Living
With just five main ingredients — chicken breasts, red wine vinaigrette, oregano, tomatoes, and feta cheese — you can have a delicious Greek-inspired grilled chicken dinner.
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
red wine vinaigrette (such as Wish-Bone's)
chopped fresh oregano
cherry or small mixed heirloom tomatoes, halved
red wine vinaigrette
torn fresh oregano, plus more for garnish
1 1/2 ounce(s)
1.Marinate chicken breasts in a mixture of red wine vinaigrette, fresh oregano, and salt for 1 hour. Remove chicken from marinade and cook on a grill, or grill pan, over medium-high heat, turning once, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Keep warm.
2.Meanwhile, toss tomatoes, red wine vinaigrette, and salt in a medium bowl. Lower grill temperature to medium. Sear tomatoes, cut sides down, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Return tomatoes to bowl and toss with torn fresh oregano.
3.Slice chicken and transfer to a platter. Spoon tomatoes alongside chicken. Crumble and sprinkle feta cheese plus additional fresh oregano over tomatoes.
Try it, You'll love it.
I got this in an email. Thought it was really cute. I remember my Mom doing all this.
Right after I got it, my dryer shut down and won't start!!!!!! Guess I'll be hangin' clothes till I solve this dilemma!
THE BASIC RULES FOR CLOTHESLINES:
You have to be a certain age to appreciate this.
I can hear my mother now....
(if you don't know what clotheslines are, better skip this)
1. You had to wash the clothes line before hanging any clothes-walk the
entire lengths of each line with a damp cloth around the lines..
2. You had to hang the clothes in a certain order,
and always hang "whites" with "whites," and hang them first.
3. You never hung a shirt by the shoulders - always by the tail!
What would the neighbors think?
4. Wash day on a Monday! . .. . Never hang clothes on the weekend,
or Sunday, for Heaven's sake!
5. Hang the sheets and towels on the outside lines so you could
hide your "unmentionables" in the middle (perverts & busybodies, y'know!)
6. It didn't matter if it was sub zero weather . . .
Clothes would "freeze-dry. "
7. Always gather the clothes pins when taking down dry clothes!
Pins left on the lines were "tacky!"
8. If you were efficient, you would line the clothes
up so that each item did not need two clothes pins,
but shared one of the clothes pins with the next washed item.
9. Clothes off of the line before dinner time,
neatly folded in the clothes basket, and ready to be ironed.
10. IRONED?! Well, that's a whole other subject!
Have a great Friday Everyone.