I got this in an email. Thought it was really cute. I remember my Mom doing all this.
Right after I got it, my dryer shut down and won't start!!!!!! Guess I'll be hangin' clothes till I solve this dilemma!
THE BASIC RULES FOR CLOTHESLINES:
You have to be a certain age to appreciate this.
I can hear my mother now....
(if you don't know what clotheslines are, better skip this)
1. You had to wash the clothes line before hanging any clothes-walk the
entire lengths of each line with a damp cloth around the lines..
2. You had to hang the clothes in a certain order,
and always hang "whites" with "whites," and hang them first.
3. You never hung a shirt by the shoulders - always by the tail!
What would the neighbors think?
4. Wash day on a Monday! . .. . Never hang clothes on the weekend,
or Sunday, for Heaven's sake!
5. Hang the sheets and towels on the outside lines so you could
hide your "unmentionables" in the middle (perverts & busybodies, y'know!)
6. It didn't matter if it was sub zero weather . . .
Clothes would "freeze-dry. "
7. Always gather the clothes pins when taking down dry clothes!
Pins left on the lines were "tacky!"
8. If you were efficient, you would line the clothes
up so that each item did not need two clothes pins,
but shared one of the clothes pins with the next washed item.
9. Clothes off of the line before dinner time,
neatly folded in the clothes basket, and ready to be ironed.
10. IRONED?! Well, that's a whole other subject!
Have a great Friday Everyone.