Thursday, September 24, 2009

Foodie Friday Greek Chicken

Here is my recipe for this week's Foodie Friday. Sorry I don't have any preparation photos but I made this a couple months ago before I actually started blogging much. Took me awhile to catch on! Be sure to visit Michael at Designs by Gollum. There will be wonderful things to eat there! http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/


This was one of the best dinners I ever made!! It was absolutely delicious. I got the recipe, as you see, from Country Living Magazine. I'm no great cook, so you know this was pretty easy!

Grilled Chicken with Greek Flavors

From Country Living

This recipe has been tested by Country Living

With just five main ingredients — chicken breasts, red wine vinaigrette, oregano, tomatoes, and feta cheese — you can have a delicious Greek-inspired grilled chicken dinner.

INGREDIENTS

U.Stric


4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)

1 cup(s)

red wine vinaigrette (such as Wish-Bone's)

1 tablespoon(s)

chopped fresh oregano

1/2 teaspoon(s)

salt

1 pound(s)

cherry or small mixed heirloom tomatoes, halved

2 tablespoon(s)

red wine vinaigrette

1/4 teaspoon(s)

salt

1/2 tablespoon(s)

torn fresh oregano, plus more for garnish

1 1/2 ounce(s)

feta cheese



DIRECTIONS

1.Marinate chicken breasts in a mixture of red wine vinaigrette, fresh oregano, and salt for 1 hour. Remove chicken from marinade and cook on a grill, or grill pan, over medium-high heat, turning once, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Keep warm.

2.Meanwhile, toss tomatoes, red wine vinaigrette, and salt in a medium bowl. Lower grill temperature to medium. Sear tomatoes, cut sides down, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Return tomatoes to bowl and toss with torn fresh oregano.

3.Slice chicken and transfer to a platter. Spoon tomatoes alongside chicken. Crumble and sprinkle feta cheese plus additional fresh oregano over tomatoes.



COOKING INFO

Serves 4


Try it, You'll love it.

Happy Friday.

Shirley


6 comments:

  1. OH MY...this recipe sound so good. I used to subscribe to Country Living and loved it and their recipes were always good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT!!! recipe. I like the idea of feta cheese in this recipe. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now know what I am making for dinner tonight. I just love Greek flavors. I will have to use regular tomatoes as heirlooms are out of my price range at $5.99 a pound here this week. Thanks for sharing.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely recipe and I really appreciate the ease with which it can be made. Thanks for sharing. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greek salad is one of my all time favorite dishes so I know I would love this chicken. It took me forever to get into the picture taking routine and once again I have slacked off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love most any Greek food and this sounds devine! I hope you are enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails