Friday, May 31, 2013

Little Farm Girl

I took care of my two grandchildren today.  I will have them once a week throughout the summer.
They are 4 and 6 years old.
It was a beautiful day and we spent most of it outside.
They love coming to my little "Square Acre Farm".  
And Ava loves the chickens.





This is Jack, he was busy else where most of the day but finally came into the run for a little while in the afternoon.

And good news . . . Martha has seemed to be over her broody spell.  She slept on the roost last night and was acting completely normal today without going in the nesting boxes.  Of course she isn't laying yet either.  I'm hoping to take that wire cage out of there tomorrow.

Shirley

3 comments:

  1. I love your stories and I love the wonderful pictures of those beautiful chickens, hens, or what ever,(can you tell I am not a farm girl)anyway I love them and I love seeing all their cool colors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures of your grandchildren and the chickens, my daughter dog visits me for two days a week she and her partner both work and he gets lonely.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful they get to spend time with Grandma. It will be something they look back on years from now and cherish!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails