Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Easy Stuffed Cabbage Caserole

Here is how I made the Stuffed Cabbage Casserole last night.
I'm doing "Meals from the Pantry" so
I had to use what I had, thus the added notes.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown ground meat with chopped onion and garlic.
(I used ground turkey)

When browned, transfer to a baking dish.
Top with cut up cabbage.
Now, I had to use the packaged coleslaw that I had but bigger pieces of cabbage would be better.
Top with a can of tomato sauce.
(Of all things I didn't have was tomato sauce!!  So I mixed some diced tomatoes and tomato paste!)
Add 1/2 C of uncooked long grain rice.


Salt, pepper and some paprika.
Mix it together with a spoon.

Pour a can of beef broth over the top.
Cover with tin foil and bake for an hour.

Uncover and bake another 30-40 minutes till the rice is tender. 
That's it.

Freezes well and is actually better the second day.
Just use the real chopped cabbage instead of the coleslaw which sort of cooked up too soft and mushy.
Still very tasty though!

Shirley



1 comment:

  1. Gosh, we have not had stuffed cabbage in I don't know how long, Shirley! A nice reminder for me...:)JP

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails