Sunday, May 8, 2011

Cooking Mosaic


I'm linking up with Little Red House for "Mosaic Monday"
You can visit all the creative mosaics here:



My sister Sue came to visit me for about 10 days. She is here with me for Mother's Day. We spent the day at the horse barn, then shopping and eating!
She wasn't crazy about the horse barn part but it was my day to run the horses and I had to go see my boys!



My daughter, Michele, the photographer, also came for a visit and took all of these pictures. I have to apologize to her up front as her name got cut off on the mosaic ones when I did the collage in Picasa.
This meal was chicken fricassee with white rice and mixed greens.
I used chicken thighs, cut up 2 onions, 2 tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic and the juice of 2 limes. This is all placed in a big bowl and salt and pepper. Cover and place in refrigerator for a couple hours to marinate.
Remove chicken and brown in olive oil. Add the other ingredients to the pan and cook until onions are tender. Serve with white rice. Makes a wonderful sauce!

The mixed greens were thinly cut cabbage and spinach cooked till barely tender, s&p and a tbsp of white vinegar.
Rocky is, of course, waiting for his taste!
I hope you'll try this recipe. I got it from the TV program "Mad Hungry" on the Hallmark Channel.

Here's my daughter's logo and site. Visit her and take a look!


Have a great Monday!
Shirley

4 comments:

  1. How nice to have your sister for a visit. I'm hoping Rocky had his taste of that delicious looking meal. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice visit with you sister and the food looks delicious! Rocky looks happy (treat coming?!). Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an amazing meal and fabulous company. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have posted about her photography before and it is gorgeous. Sounds like a great way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails