Sunday, September 2, 2012

Living On What We Have

My sister and I were talking after I had been to the grocery store and telling her about my food storage problems.
She said.  "You know, we both have way too much food!"
Now that is certainly true.  I have gotten a lot more since I started with the couponing too!
So, we decided that we would try to live on just what we have in the house, only shopping for absolute necessities and perishables.  We have to use what we have in storage and try to use up some of this unnecessary stuff we've accumulated!
I told her I could probably live for at least 6 months on what I have in dry goods, canned goods and freezer things.
I wish now that I had had a garden this year!
We're going to start this Tues. after Labor Day.
I'll let you know how it's going!!
Anyone want to join in, please do!
Let me know!!!

Shirley

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Summer blessings to you!
    I wish I had this problem of having too much food....hehe.....I need to restock my pantry. I will be a happy camper when we have shelves in the cellar for storing our stash.

    You have a fun time going through your food and i hope you let us know how it goes....what you fix and so forth.

    God has blessed you,
    d

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails