Saturday, February 9, 2013

The Greatest Budget Meal!

Last Saturday I got a couple big turkey drumsticks and made a big pot of soup.
Simple, just a big soup pot of water, the drumsticks with onions, carrots and celery, salt and pepper.
It cooked all afternoon.
When the meat was tender, I took the meat off the bones and that was it!
I divided it in a bunch of containers of about 2 cups each, put a couple in the refrigerator and froze the rest.
I will have a lot of meals out of this because I love soup.
Each time I open another container I add something else like noodles or another vegetable.
MMMMM good.
That'll warm you up in the winter and chase that cold or flu away.
And all for under $4.00!



Good and Healthy

Shirley

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, the soup looks delicious,you made me hungry:P
    Have a great Sunday dear Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails