Friday, December 26, 2014

Back to the Normal Routine

It's the day after Christmas and no, I don't do that crazy shopping for bargains with the big crowds.
I really never did.
I'm back to my normal routine at home and will go to the barn later in the day.
The dogs are fed and napping.
The barn cats have been fed and mamma cat is off hunting or whatever she does everyday,
Pepsi is lounging under the heat lamp.
It looks like there's snow outside but there's not, it's just really bright today.
The sun is actually out and the temps are going to be in the 50's later before the big drop later in the week.
So I'm going to spend as much time as I can outside in the sun, soaking up some Vitamin D!

I fixed the chickens a treat of the oatmeal and corn I had leftover.
That's usually for when it's really cold but I had to use this up.
They, of course, love any treats!!







Little girl Spirit is not the least bit "birdy"  She doesn't even point or make a fuss about the chickens.  She's watching me in the chicken run here.

The girls are starting to lay already.  I got these 3 yesterday!

Since the chickens have moulted and grown back their nice new feathers, Lily no longer has her dirty little face.
This is her now.

This was her all summer!!
I think she gets her little face feathers all wet and sticky from the summer watermelon then roots in the dirt!!

OK, I'm going outside again.
Hope it's sunny by you!

Shirley



1 comment:

  1. Glad Spirit is not birdie...the girls all look great, Shirley...:)JP

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails