Saturday, March 12, 2016

A Word About Menu Making


*It doesn't have to be set in stone!!*

My meal plan for this past week is a prime example.
On Tues. I was supposed to fix cabbage soup for supper.
Well, I knew, I just didn't feel like eating cabbage that evening, so I just had left-overs from Monday's meal.  Worked out just fine.
Later in the week, I was supposed to make egg salad which I didn't because I didn't want to use up all my girl's eggs!
So instead, I made barbecue chicken from the meat of the roasted chicken I had from Monday.
I wrapped the  barbecue chicken up in a tortilla with some lettuce and sour cream and YUMMMM.
Friday I boiled my cabbage with some potatoes but when I looked in the freezer for the fish that I had written on my menu, low and behold the fish turned out to be breaded chicken.  Worked out just fine and I finished another bag of frozen breaded stuff.
So, be flexible!  
Something that isn't as easy for me as it used to be but it turned out good in this case.

So tomorrow night I will write next week's menu and post it on Monday.
Still using things from my pantry and freezer!

How is your menu planning coming along??
Is it helping you with your food budget?

Shirley
Oh, and don't forget to move your clocks ahead an hour tonight


1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I have an idea for means, but I am a "use it up" person. I fixed a pork loin on Wednesday, we had it again on Thursday and we will finish it tonight cut up with some mushrooms over noodles. I have to use what I have. Good luck on your pantry/freezer emptying!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails