Saturday, April 2, 2011

Just a Teensy Peek

I have to add Mellow Yellow Monday to this post as that's all I've been seeing for the past two weeks!! See the peek at the finished painting in third photo.



OK, these first two photos are the BEFORE of my family room, right off my newly renovated kitchen and dining room.
Notice, no woodwork to speak of and you know how I love woodwork! Those horrible styrofoam fake beams, the nasty room color and the dreaded popcorn ceiling!!!
I also think the placement of the smoke detector added a charming touch!


Taking down the beams. One good thing . . . they were really light! We found some little nests build by mice or chipmunks in one of them. I thought I heard something!!
I chose to redo the kitchen, dining room and family room because that is where I spend most of my time and likewise when I have people over.


Below is the After before putting the room back together.
Here's your one peek of the finished work by my carpenter guy (Ray), I have wood work, beautiful crown moulding, a perfectly smooth ceiling and these beautiful sunny yellow walls that, believe me, took 7 little jars of samples to choose! I have a little trouble with decisions but you guys helped out a lot and I chose the recommended deeper shade.
I can't do anything about decorating till after Monday when the carpet is getting cleaned.
I certainly wish there was something I could do about the dark leather furniture. I can't afford to get new right now.
Any ideas out there??? Remember it's leather.
Shirley

I'm linking up for the first time with A Vision To Remember for "Check Me Out Saturday.



I'm also linking with Under the Table Dreaming for the "Sunday Showcase Party"
which you can find here: http://www.bystephanielynn.com/


10 comments:

  1. Oh, Shirley your family room looks fabulous! Here in the UK there are products available to dye a leather suite - here's a 'how to' link for you.
    http://www.ehow.com/how_2282605_dye-leather-furniture.html
    I'm sure that you would be able to source the items needed.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job. It looks much more inviting and brighter. Beautiful room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a textured cathedral ceilng and would love to have a smooth one. I really like the yellow you used -its so bright and cheerful! What brand did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always use Behr Premium Ultra paint. The color is Manila Tint. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous transformation. I love yellow in a room. It just brightens my mood, no matter what the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the perfect shade of yellow for a homey cozy room. I love it. I used to have a yellow living room and at one time a yellow kitchen, and both were always so cherry. Know you are happy with the way it has turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!

    Would you mind to see my entry? Thanks and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have fake beams in our dining room. We painted them white and I went from loathing them to really liking them. It's lovely to see what your room looks like without them - so much more light and airy. Makes me want to get a sledgehammer out!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails