Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chicken in Wine and Balsamic Vinegar

I'm trying to get back in the swing of things in my kitchen now. So I'm joining Michael for "Foodie Friday" at Designs by Gollum
Be sure to visit her blog. Her food photos and recipes are so wonderful it's all I can do to not jump into my computer!!



Chicken in Wine and Balsamic Vinegar

I really don't have a written recipe for this because I make it a lot.
But I'll talk as I'm cooking here.
First I cut up some breasts of chicken into nice serving sizes and brown them in olive oil.
Then I add sliced onion and green pepper.


I sprinkle some brown sugar over the onions and peppers as they are cooking. (That's because I love brown sugar on practically everything!!) You can omit that part if you want.
I then add a splash of white wine and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Now let the veggies cook till tender.


Tonight I decided to make mashed potatoes since I haven't had real potatoes since my kitchen was torn apart and I really had a taste for them! I added a hunk of butter and a hunk of cream cheese. Mmmmmmmmmm.


I like them mashed pretty good but still have a few hunks so you know they're real!!


So here's the meal. Really tasty with some creamed corn. This would be good with rice too.
Have a good Friday everyone. Oops, forgot to salt and pepper my mashed potatoes. I'll go do that now.
Shirley

2 comments:

  1. Wow Shirley, love your blog! This dish sounds and looks great and I browsed through several other posts as well. How fun! A friend of mine had a palomino that made it to 32! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it would be really yummy! I love brown sugar too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails