Thursday, April 29, 2010

Show and Tell Friday 4-30

I'm participating in Cindy's "Show and Tell Friday"
She'll have a list of everyone that's joining in.



First I wanted to show you one of my favorite pictures I have in my house.
Framed, it's about 16 X 20. I got it a few years ago at an estate sale right across the road! (I think it was only $12.00) It's a signed water color of a little red squirrel. We have tons of them here. (Both inside and out!!!) I know I hear them in my attic!



Today I picked lilacs. I have two large bushes. One is old and one is newer. Really I have a third at the back of my property but it's too hard to get to.
The old bush has the more reddish purple flower and the new has a bluer color.




I couldn't find my vases. They are still in boxes from my kitchen and dining room reno.
So I used this old white graniteware coffee pot. A great look for the kitchen don't you think!!



Go ahead, put your nose up to the computer screen and take a big sniff. Don't they smell divine!!!



My dogwood tree outside my kitchen window is in full bloom.
Hope you enjoyed my few little things this week.
See you next time
Shirley

10 comments:

  1. Oh....your lilacs are amazing. I can just smell them! Wish I had some of them.....

    stop by and see the Verbena!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I smell them! I did a tablescape with mine this week. Check it out, it's gorgeous in these lavendars. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my Vintage Icebox. I loved having you over. Please return when you can, I really love having company! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The squirrel picture is so cute. And the photos of the lilacs are amazing; I can smell the sweat fragrance.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley, The lilacs in the white pitcher look perfect to me! But my favorite is your dog in the hammock in your header...Way Too Cute! My dogs would not go for that!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh yes.. I can smell the lilac.. and white pitcher just lovely with any flowers.. don't you just love spring! flowers all around!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your squirrel picture, I'm fairly sure my mom has one very similar from England.

    Your house looks gorgeous!!! I don't think I've come across your blog before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your lilacs with us! They are just beautiful and smell wonderful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Show & Tell, Shirley! The red squirrel picture is so nice and the lilacs in the white graniteware coffee pot is perfect. Pretty dogwood tree too!

    Nice stopping by to visit with you!
    Kindly, ldh

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful flowers! I love the arrangement in the teapot! I'm new to the blogging world and just became a follower of your blog! I hope you'll visit my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails