Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tasty Blackberry Cobbler

I found this recipe online.  It sounded so good I went out and got the blackberries and made it!
You'll need buttermilk and heavy whipping cream too, which I also had to get.
It was well worth it!
(I'll post the original site at the end.)
***********
Start with 3-4 cups of blackberries in a bowl
Add 1 C sugar
1/3 C flour 
1 TBSP lemon juice
Toss gently and put in a greased 8 or 9 inch baking pan

In another bowl mix:
1 3/4 C flour
3 TBSP sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
Cut in 1/4 C shortening

Mix together 1/2 C whipping cream
and
1/2 C buttermilk
Add to dry mixture and mix
Spoon this dough over the blackberries
Brush the top with 2 TBSP melted butter 
Sprinkle about 1-2 tsp sugar over top

Bake at 425 for 30 minutes.
Serve warm topped with cream or better yet, ice cream!



Here's where I originally got this recipe:

Hope you'll try it too!
Shirley

1 comment:

  1. This looks too yummy, I love blackberries and it looks delish I will have ice cream with mine please...Phyllis

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails