Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I Baked a Pie

My sister, Sue, is visiting for a couple weeks.  She got here just in time to experience the chill when my boiler wasn't working for two days!  While my plumbers were downstairs fixing it, I kept my oven on and baked.  One of the things I baked was an apple pie.  I can't remember the last time I made one.  It came out so good that now I want to make another one.  This one was made with the refrigerated crust that you unroll.  Maybe I'll make my own crust for the next one.

My Apple Pie!



It was super good!
It's gone now  : ))

The filling:
(a "loose" recipe like my grandmother used to make!)

3-4 granny smith apples sliced
3-4 macintosh apples sliced
(I use my apple peeler)
Put in bowl and coat with 3 cups sugar, shake in some cinnamon and add a couple Tbsp flour.
There was also a couple squirts of Real Lemon on the apples.
Fill bottom pie crust.
Mine could've been heaping a little more because, of course the apples cook down.
Dot with butter.
Roll top crust on and bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
Cover crust edge with foil if it starts to get too brown.

Enjoy!

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails