Friday, February 27, 2015

Winter Thoughts and a Winter Walk

I love my kitchen in the early mornings when the sun shines in.  That can be rare in the winter but it was sure shining today.

After everyone's breakfast I decided to skip the gym and just stay home with my dogs.  I went out to fill the bird feeders and took my camera with me.
It is only 12 degrees outside but the sun is shining and there's no wind.
Honestly, I think I'm getting used to these temperatures.
It doesn't feel bad at all.

The hens are careful not to step in the snow and just go on the area I sweep if they come out of their coop at all!

Pepsi follows me where ever I go outside.  She loves when I reach down (or up) and pet her.
She's a great tree climber.
Mama cat is off hunting somewhere.



A-haaaaaa
I caught Dexter eating the bird-seed!!
He just discovered that lately!


I also put seeds and nuts on the picnic table for the squirrels so they don't ravage my bird feeder as much.
As you can see, the snow is up to the seat on the picnic table.

My compost pile is getting a lot of moisture.  I won't have to water it as much this summer.
Just a lot of turning.

There's a lot of little animal prints outside.
I also saw deer prints across the back the other morning.  I very rarely see the deer though.
I'm pretty sure these are cat prints.

But I think these tiny ones are from a mouse and they were headed toward my big brush pile.
They probably have a house in there.

Oh-oh, now Dexter is at the front feeder.

Spirit prefers to watch it all from inside.
If spring ever comes and the snow goes away, Spirit will be trained to the Invisible Fence and then she can run with Dexter and have a blast.

Well, there's slightly warmer temps forecast for next week however a snow storm is due here this Sunday.  8-10 more inches!
Wonderful!!!

Shirley

1 comment:

  1. Hi Shirley, I love that cozy window seat in your kitchen. I'm wondering if you live in VT - my family used to have a house and ski there (I noticed you mentioned Grafton in your profile). You have a lot of snow! I came to visit you today from one of my other blog buddies. I like your menagerie!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails