Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cold Weather Pot Roast

Yippee, back to the crock pots!!!!!

Be sure to visit Debbie and all the crock pot groupies!!


Cold Weather Pot Roast
The weather is changing and fall always means pot roast or chili to me!!
So here's a really good tasting pot roast for you to try.
The recipe.




I put my rump roast in the pot and assembled everything else.



Followed the directions and put it all in there.



I let it cook on low for about 11 hours and here's the delicious looking results.



Dinner for me, in the dinning room. I had cold slaw as a side and mashed potatoes and green beans with sesame seeds.



My green beans were a little over cooked but still good.



It's hard to eat with the big black cat staring at you!!!



For desert, it was pound cake with raspberries and blueberries topped with a mixture of vanilla yogurt and a little milk.


Yummy!
Hope you'll try this.
Shirley

6 comments:

  1. That looks totally amazing. I have IBS and I cannot eat a lot of this, but it looks oh, so good. Love the cat- I am watched closely whenever I eat, too.
    There's one thing about it, we never eat alone.
    Hugs- Tete

    PS- Wonderful dining room and I love your dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 9.30 am here as I read this, and my mouth is waters so much! Looks delicious - and your dining companion is VERY handsome :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner looks yummy, especially on your pretty transferware.

    I'm relieved the recipe calls for a rump roast and not a groundhog since the recipe comes from Punxsutawney. ;o}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! I love a good roast. Something about comfort food...

    And I'm always looking for Crock Pot recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a yummy pot roast recipe. I am loving your blog and I'm following.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear from you:) Thanks for linking up to Crock Pot Wednesday...be sure to come back this week for another entry in the BBB giveaway. I love the recipe from Punxatawney, PA. I'm a hugh Groundhog Day fan, but I'm not a fan of the one hibernating under my house at the present time:( Love your autumn header.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails