Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Unplanned Crock Pot Chicken

I almost didn't have something for this week but as things worked out here I am with Debbie and the Crock Pot Gang.





My Unplanned Crock Pot Day

Maybe the worse thing to wake up to in the morning is to come downstairs for your breakfast and coffee and find that the chicken you had been defrosting in the refrigerator had leaked raw chicken juice all over your refrigerator!!
YUK!!!!!!!!
It took me a half hour to clean up and "sterilize" my refrigerator and everything the "juice" touched!! AND all this before my coffee. Not Good.
Well, the first thing I thought of was to rinse off the chicken and plop the 3 breasts in the crockpot. I didn't want to take the chance of another leaky plastic bag!
I put a sliced onion, some celery, rosemary and some chicken stock in, closed the lid and put it on high for 15 min. then switched it to low. It was just going to be in there till I came home from the barn.
Turned out if was done in about 6 hours.
I had one for supper and wrapped the rest to cut up and use for another recipe.
Gave the broth to Rocky over his dinner.
He was very happy!


Dinner with ME in the dining room.


I just made biscuits and had corn. It turned out to look very blaaah. (I should've had a green vegetable!) Well, I added some mild salsa over the chicken for color if nothing else!



Now onto desert. My favorite part of the meal!
Lemon cake with vanilla yogurt topping.


Doesn't that make your mouth water?


How about this : ))
Have a great Wednesday! I'll be babysitting!!!!
Shirley

4 comments:

  1. That has happened to me so now I put any frozen chicken to thaw in a bowl in the fridge. If it leaks, it's caught! That goes for all meat and my frozen tomatoes.
    This looks really good. I love your table tops always and so glad Rocky was wagging his tale.
    tete

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dining table. And your dinner looks really tasty! I like the addition of the salsa on the chicken! Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to run to my kitchen now to make sure I don't have a mess in the fridge. Having chicken tacos tonight. Your cake looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for inviting us into your gorgeous home! Your table colors are beautiful and your food looks divine.

    Blessings,

    e-Mom @ Susannah's {Kitchen}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails