Monday, November 15, 2010

Running in the Pasture

A Run in the Pasture!

It started as a nice quiet pasture day.
Michele, my daughter then arrived with her camera!
Michele is a professional photographer specializing in equine photography.
She said,
"Gosh, as long as you're here, lets run the horses around so I can get some action shots!"
That meant ME doing the running and her taking the photos!
The pasture is 5 acres!!!!



So, off I go with the long whip to make noise and get them going.
Echo is suspicious that something is up.



Off to the races! (Me and them!!)



Echo and Preacher
Echo was very fancy and animated yesterday but of course always doing the bucking and jumping out of camera range! Five acres is just a little too big to do this in!



They were much faster than me!



Back and forth. (5 acres!)









As soon as I'd stop, they'd stop because they would rather just graze!



Here's Echo with a little different look! Cool, hey?



Now Satire isn't allowed to run just yet so he just grazed while the others had to work.


Echo after the run.


Back to peaceful grazing.


Michele specializes in horses and pets but does other types of photography also like weddings, families and senior pictures.
Please visit her website to see her work.
The address is on all the photos.
Clicking here will take you to her site to look around.


I'll be linking up with A Southern Daydreamer for "Outdoor Wednesday".

AND
"Tuesday's Show & Tail"

Shirley

16 comments:

  1. Michele's photos are wonderful! She captured your horses' grace and beauty so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first picture with the three through the broken tree. It is really impressive. They are all beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, these photos are just to die for. They are just wonderful and the horses are so gallant.
    I am in love with Echo- even though they are all beauties. But this one touches me.
    Thanks so much for running them around- the shots are just great- hope you get rested up.
    Michele has great equipment, but more important, she has talent and an eye for this.
    Tete

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone! And Thanks Mommie....love you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone! And thank you Mommie....Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos! Beautiful action shots! As I looked at the photos, I couldn't help thinking of what the horse where thinking..."why is this person making me run?" I had to giggle about that even though they probably weren't thinking that at all! ;-) Thanks for sharing and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The first photograph was the BEST. I really enjoyed watching the horses run and graze.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog and come back...visit any time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your post! Photos are just beautiful. I never tire of seeing horses and nature. Thanks so much for sharing these.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. O, what beautiful photos of magnificent horses. They are all just breathtaking.
    I am scared of horses..never having been around them, I don't know what to expect. But I surely can admire their beauty.
    Thanks for coming by...
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  11. These photos are wonderful! Horses are such gorgeous animals! How clever of your daughter to get YOU to get the horses running. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!There is so much beauty in their movements...and the photos have captured this.
    Jane (Artfully Graced)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures .Horses are wonderful creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What awesome pictures...reminds me of when I had horses! They are such beauties...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  15. The photos are almost as gorgeous as the horses themselves. Visiting from Angela's. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michele is an excellent photographer. She caught those beautiful creatures in their true element. Running and frolicking and having fun! Thanks for sharing today. Anne

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails