Saturday, December 15, 2012

Chickens and Evergreens

Yesterday was a beautiful day.  In the morning I fussed with my dogs and my chickens.
I have to say I enjoy just puttering around here with them!
I made the chickens something they could dust bathe in. 
I had a nice container and I filled it with new play sand, some fine dirt and some diatomaceous earth.
Right away they examined it and of course all wanted to go in it at once!.
"Take turn girls!!"


They thanked me by giving me 5 beautiful eggs this morning.



I'm just including this to show you that this is the huge arrangement of evergreens from outside that I was trying to fit on my dining room table!  A little big but it works here.
Hope you're having fun getting ready for Christmas.  I'm way behind as I am every year!

Shirley

4 comments:

  1. You have the most beautiful header. You chicks reward your wonderful care with lovely colored eggs. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your chickens look so happy! They couldn't wait to try out the new dust bathing station :) Their eggs are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cluster of greenery on the hearth! P.S. You mom's Toffee bars came out AWESOME again!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is like the 12 days of Christmas...five colored eggs...I had no idea they needed dust although I often have had birds in my garden bathing in the dirt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails