Monday, September 16, 2013

Martha . . . . Really!!!!!!!!

Yes, Martha has gone broody AGAIN!
This is the 3rd time this year since spring!
Poor frustrated Mama!

So I got out the Broody Breaker cage and started putting her in it this afternoon.
She wasn't happy.




It usually takes 2-3 days however, it was supposed to get really cold tonight so I covered up the nesting boxes in the coop and let her out of the cage to go into the coop.  She is not on the roost however, she's still nesting but on the floor of the coop in the shavings.
She'll go back in the cage tomorrow and stay there except for yard time.
I wish I could stick some baby chicks under her but cold weather is coming.  Maybe next spring if she keeps dong this.
Those darn hormones!  She just wants to be a mama hen.
(I guess I forgot to give her the sex talk about how babies are born!!)

Shirley

1 comment:

  1. Poor Martha, she just wants to be a mama. Hopefully she will be back to normal soon.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails