Saturday, September 14, 2013

Preacher and the Kids

We had some little visitors at the barn today.
My grandkids, Ava and Jack came with mom Linda to visit the horses.
Ava is 6 years old and is going to start taking riding lessons here in October.
First we groomed Echo and Preacher then I put a saddle on Preacher.   I intended on leading Ava around the arena on him but we didn't have a helmet to fit her so she got to just lead him around today.
Preacher was a 4-H horse before I got him 10 years ago and was used to kids.
It's funny how horses seem to know.  As soon as she took hold of the lead line, his head went down and he followed her wherever she walked.  So cute.








Afterwards, we took Preacher back to his barn.  Ava wanted to braid Echo's mane but she isn't tall enough even with my little stool so she braided Preacher's tail!

See how pretty!!

I can't wait till she starts her riding lessons.

Shirley
(Nanna)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails