Monday, August 3, 2009

Simplify!


See this little picture? . . . I got it to remind myself to rid my house of a lot of "stuff" and get down to the bare essentials! I guess that's why I like primitive type of decor. However since I've been blogging I seem to be buying more than I'm tossing or taking to Goodwill!! Soooo, for the next few weeks, I am going to concentrate on de-cluttering! I should have a big garage sale but that takes too much organizing. So I will either give it to GW or put it on eBay. I have a whole room full of scrapbooking stuff that I don't do anymore so that will go on eBay for sure, if anyone is interested. I'll let you know when I start selling!

3 comments:

  1. It can be a vicious circle. On the one hand we want to find all these great deals on cool stuff. On the other hand we get carried away with stuff we don't really need.
    Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have any really cool stuff, you could have a blog 'giveaway' - ya never know when someone else would love your discarded treasures. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy Shirley
    What a sweet sign .
    I have always had a giveaway box on a chair near the front door over the years .
    A designated goodwill box.
    So what ever is no longer needed
    or of use to a family member goes into it and it is taken to the Goodwill or other charity shops when it is full.
    This has worked so well over the years that friends and family members have adopted this idea.
    Whenever someone new comes over they always wonder about the box and so I get to encourage them to share ,pass it on ,pay it forward what ever you want to call it.
    Blessings to you as you Simplify ,
    sorting through stuff can be quite a task.
    Have a wonderful rest of the week.
    Hugs
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails