Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Daily Trips to the Barn

Time in the Pasture



I've been going to the barn everyday since the move. I love it! I don't know if the horses need our reassurance after a move or it's just a good excuse to be there and not have to do stuff at home, (that's not nearly as fun). The thing is I get engrossed in doing things like putting my Blocker tie rings all over or the salt holders up or getting new buckets or deciding where to put their water trough and forget to take pictures. Today I took a couple old hoses I had here and hooked them up to water the dusty arena until the sprinkling system gets fixed. Tomorrow I've got to stay home and get ready to go to Erie for a luncheon with my HS girlfriends. It's reunion weekend. I'm not going to that function but the bunch of us that were close are just meeting for lunch. I hope they don't mind if I wear my "barn clothes"! That's about all I have anymore. I'll wear my "good" barn clothes : ))
The horses seem pretty settled in. We are going to introduce them to the new BIG pasture by next week. They've been in the smaller pasture behind the arena this week.
Shirley

1 comment:

  1. It's great to have something to channel the mind! I'd be doing the same if I were in your position.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails