Thursday, August 12, 2010

Eggplant Parmesan

I'm joining all the food people for Foodie Friday this week.
Drop by this wonderful site to get delicious recipes.





Eggplant Parmesan

I picked this little eggplant from my garden. Just big enough for me. Nice and tender. It was just right.
Sliced it in about 1/4 inch slices, dipped in egg and rolled in Italian bread crumbs.



I browned the eggplant and sliced onion in olive oil till tender. Sprinkled with some herbs (whatever I had handy), seasoning salt, pepper and parmesan cheese.



Added mozzarella cheese and a spoonful of spaghetti sauce on top.



Just enough for me!



And boy they hit the spot!
Have a great weekend.
Shirley

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Eggplant Parmesan. Wouldn't you agree that it's always more delicious when the eggplants come from your own garden (in my case, my mom's garden ;-)
    You Eggplant Parmesan looks so mouthwatering. Happy Foodie Friday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Love that it came from your garden, I'm sure you enjoyed it:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, YUM...I just picked some beautiful eggplants. Thanks for sharing :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Now I'm wanting Eggplant Parm! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails