Friday, August 6, 2010

Is My Car Falling Apart!

What The Heck!

Yesterday I was driving to the barn and all of a sudden there was a horrible scraping noise. Something dragging on the ground at 50 mph. I slowed way down. I was almost to the barn so I drove slowly into the driveway which are stones. It made another funny noise and I looked behind me and something was laying in the driveway. I stopped and went back to pick up this strange piece of metal.

When I looked under the car there was still another one hanging down, touching the ground. I drove back to the barn and got a broom handle and tried to knock it off to no avail. Luckily Carrie and her husband came to feed the horses. He looked under and got the other piece off. He said it was just the cover they put over the catalytic converter and I really didn't need it. When I got home, I called the Honda mechanic who told me the same thing. Well, that saved me a tow and a whole lot of money I'm sure!!
Thank you Mike!!!

7 comments:

  1. I HATE car problems -- looks like yours had the sense to shed something it didn't really need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could make that metal into a sculpture, or a flower planter or something!!! Glad you are okay and it was not serious, dear. I hate when car troubles happen! How's the horses doing?? At least you weren't towing them when it happened!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be a WRECK! I do NOT like car issues at all ... glad it is no big deal for you.

    Have a lovely PINK summer's weekend ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley, That must have been a real shock. Lucky it turned out not to be a major problem. Mind you it looks as though in a couple of year the adorable little Jack will be able to fix any problems for you! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that your post title was QUITE literal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad it turned out to not be a big deal. You never know with cars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cars! I'm glad it wasn't anything serious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails