Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Thrifty Fall Buys


I'm joining in on "Thrifty Thursday" at Tales From Bloggeritaville as I get ready for Thanksgiving holidays.



Thanksgiving Preparations

I got this at Marshalls. I will find a place for it in the dining room as it says it all!


This was a Goodwill find. The exact color I use in my kitchen. Two hot pads for 25 cents each! I have a much greater appreciation of crocheting now that I've done a little.


I found these at Walmart and they will be my dinner plates. I am doing fall colors this year instead of using my great Grandmother's china.


These soups were from Marshalls on sale for $1.00 each. I'm going to make corn chowder.


I LOVE these salad plates from Marshalls/Homegoods. I've only found two though!!
So far that's what I've found. Maybe I should be more worried about planning my menu. But since it's going to be a very small intimate dinner with just 4 adults, I'm going to try and not make as much food as the usual years!
We'll see!
Shirley

6 comments:

  1. Great finds. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Love the color of the Walmart dinner plates - they look pumpkin like. I think I'll have to head over and check it out.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've really found some great buys for your fall decorating!
    Ohh-h, I found two of the sunflower plates at TJ Maxx. See my last tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great finds. I saw the dinnerware in Walmart. Very pretty and the price was pretty reasonable too. I'm looking forward to seeing your tablescape with those plates and bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds
    Beautiful colors!!

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. What super plates and bowls Shirley - they'll look fabulous together for your meal. 'Give Thanks' indeed.
    Best wishes
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I will make a little trip to Marshall's. That pattern is cute. Nice job on the frugal purchases.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails