Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Guys and Girls

Monk was out for awhile this morning.  He's pretty much trained to the Invisible Fence.  He doesn't go anywhere near it!  It's so nice not to have to tie him anymore!
His skin allergies are still bad.  Maybe it's a seasonal thing.  They started back up in the spring.  I have to give him 4 Benadryl twice a day to keep him from scratching but he still gets the dry patches and looses hair.  He's such a good boy.  He loves being brushed and is constantly shedding!!!



Rocky scratched the carpet and circled for a full 2 minutes to find this perfect spot to lay down!



My chickens are happy with more and more sand I'm bringing into the pen.  They hunt and scratch and peck in it but will never find a worm unless I sneak a few in for them!  I would do that but because we haven't had any rain, I can't even get a shovel in the dry ground!  I bring them treats once a day.  Yesterday they had some peas, grapes, blueberries and strawberries.  Today I gave them a big slice of watermelon.  I see tonight that they ate almost all of it.  Most days I give them a little yogurt too.  They love that!  I don't think my son will have time to make me a chicken tractor so I may just buy this extended run with no bottom that I saw at TSC and make it work.

The hotter temps are creeping back up and we will hit 90 by the weekend.  My daughter Michele wants to go to the barn to ride tomorrow.  It will be hot.  Maybe I'll just watch her ride from the comfort of the air-conditioned viewing room!!  I'm getting spoiled at our new barn!

Shirley

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley,

    Well it looks like Monk, Rocky and the Girls are enjoying their summer. Good thing Monk got used to the invisible fence - I bet he enjoys not being tied up too!

    For Monk's allergies and dry itchy skin - have you ever tried essential oils? I have used sooo many essential oils on my 3 dogs - for ticks, allergies, skin allergies, massage. Here is a great website, listing essential oils that are safe for our dogs and what they can be used for. (http://www.natural-dog-health-remedies.com/essential-oils-for-dogs.html)

    Jan ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cuuuute! Im so sorry for poor monk, he's such a big boy about this all! :) All your pets are jsut so sweet! :)

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome description! keep with this awesome stuff
    Visit my webpage : homes for sale in edinburg tx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails