Saturday, July 14, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings

I found these cute bird dishes last year at Good Will.  Unfortunately there were only 3 sets but I got them anyway.  I've been wanting to fix a meal on the deck or in the yard with them but it's either been, too hot, too windy or too buggy!




Today I fixed Chicken and Dumplings in the Crock Pot.  Easy Peasy!

I used 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. (I cut them in serving size pieces.)
I diced up one onion and put it on top next.
Then I used two cans of creamed chicken or celery (or whatever you have), then I poured a can of low sodium chicken broth over the top.
I let that cook on high for about 4-5 hours. 
Near the end I added some already steamed peas and carrots.
I used Grand Biscuits, cut them in fourths and put them onto the bubbling gravy.
I left them in there about half an hour till I was sure they were cooked on the inside.
They swelled and covered the top.
That's it, all done.







This is an easy filling meal.
(And it made lots of freezable leftovers for me  : ))

Have a great weekend.  Enjoy the summer!
Shirley

I'm linking this post with: 




7 comments:

  1. Mmmmm looks delish! :) Thank you for the recipe!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute dishes! I sent the recipe to my mom, and I am going to get the ingredients tomorrow for her to make it. ( maybe she'll invite me over :))A good hot meal is nice in the summer when I've been living on cold foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful meal! I was going to make chicken over biscuits this week, but now I'm going to try making it this way :) I love the dishes and that you're having tea with dinner...I do that too and my husband always asks me how I can drink something hot when we're having a hot meal. Thanks so much for sharing this delicious recipe at Mix it up Monday; have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dishes, Shirley, and perfect with your delicious meal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley, chicken and dumplings is one of my favorite dishes. My Grandmother used to make the most delicious made from scratch chicken and dumplings but I find they are lots of mess and trouble to make. Your crockpot method sounds easy and tasty. Thanks for the recipe and for visiting my blog. Hope you will come again. ------------ Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful plate setting love the pretty blue and design the chicken and dumplings sounds awesome as well come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shirley,
    Your Bird Dishes are just precious and perfect for your delicious Chicken and Dumplings. This is a great recipe especially in this heat we are having, a great meal without heating up the whole kitchen. Hope you are having a great summer week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails