Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Chicken and the Cat, and other stuff


Cat (Pepsi) likes laying by the chicken run.  (I'm sure she's secretly dreaming of being IN the chicken run but . . .)
Martha is quite interested in cat too.




I always know where I can find her now!


I have lots of apples on my two trees, however, I don't spray them so they won't be very good.  I figure, the deer and the horses like them and now, I have some for the chickens.




See that nice long roosting pole that I found for the corner of their run?


Well, they're getting a little heavier now, and tonight I found it broken in half!  
So I'm on the hunt for another!



Yesterday I finally got the second half of the tarp on the top of my pen.  It won't keep all the rain out as it blows in from the left but it'll help.
Now, I've got to figure out how to make them a chicken tractor so they can venture out in the yard sometimes.
Be good, have fun and I'll talk to you tomorrow!

I'm linking up with Outdoor Wednesday.
http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/

Shirley

9 comments:

  1. Love your photos of Pepsi and the chicks! You have a beautiful colorful flock! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos from your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are living how I would love to live when I retire. Very interesting to me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are priceless...they made my day. I've always wanted a small chicken coop in my backyard, maybe one day. Thanks for sharing.


    erica-sweetonyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully creative nature shots ~ love the cat and the hens ~ lovely life you have ~

    ~ thanks, namaste, (A Creative Harbor) on Blogger linked w/Outdoor Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post! I enjoyed every picture! Maybe kitty thinks she's a chicken and wants to go hang out inside:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirley, if you can't find another branch, use an old pole from a mop...it might work!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails