Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Decluttering Transformation


I'm joining in on Tranformation Thursday with Gina because I finally decluttered my sewing cupboard! Visit Gina at her blog here: http://www.theshabbychiccottage.net/




This piece for furniture is actually an antique pie safe that holds all my fabric and sewing stuff. It's been getting messier and messier so it was on my list of things to declutter this week. I'm trying to do the "FlyLady" thing so I set my timer for 1 hour. (I knew it would take longer than 15 minutes!!)



I put out my little bins for "throw away", "give away", and "put away". I dove right in and it worked really well. At the end of the hour I still had a few things to put away but I'll do that before the day ends.



Here it is now!!!! But I think I'd better move that top quilt before it falls on my head!



I did good, Huh? Don't worry, there's nothing in the drawer.
Have a fun Thursday.
Shirley

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm impressed. Love your cabinet and what a unique rocking chair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeaaaaaaaa for de-cluttering! Every example of it, is inspiration for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job! You're inspiring me to get de-cluttering!

    I haven't been on Fly Lady for ages.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. Very rewarding isn't it to get things organized. My husband and I are working on all the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. Haven't tackled them in 20 years. xo joan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails