Thursday, September 23, 2010

Simple Crock Pot Roast

I haven't been doing that much cooking lately but this week as the temperatures cooled outside a little, it got me back in the mood. I'm linking up with Michael Lee's blog, Designs by Gollum for "Foodie Friday".






I got the good old crock pot out and picked the simplest of all the recipes! I mean SIMPLE!!


I normally don't eat red meat but this chuck was on sale for $2.29/lb this week.
After you don't eat red meat for a few years, you pay for it the next day with a belly ache but I must say this still tasted delicious!


I cut the piece of chuck into two pieces, put it in the crock pot and poured an envelope of Lipton's onion soup over it.


2 cans of cola equals one 24 oz. bottle of Pepsi. (no diet cola)


Pour it in there, cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
THAT'S IT!!


It was one of most wonderful tasting roasts I have ever had!!!!
Sorry about the photo. I did the unmentionable! I took a photo of food with a flash!
But it really looked and tasted wonderful. The juice to this is unbelievable!
Shirley

4 comments:

  1. It looks delicious and tender. I will try this soon. Have a great weekend! La

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of this recipe but never tried it, sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time you eat red meat, try eating grass fed beef and I’ll bet your stomach won’t hurt. I have many different pot roast recipes, and I always use grass fed beef when I cook. I work with La Cense Beef, and they have found that grass fed beef is healthier for you than traditional grain fed beef. There are no drugs or hormones added. I noticed a huge difference in the digestion process after I started eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A simple and mouth watering recipe is using grass fed beef in a crock pot with numerous fresh vegetables and potatoes. The flavor of grass fed beef is incredible. It is lower in calories and the meat is very tender and juicy. Grass fed meat is so much healthier for both the animal and those of us who will eat it. I know a great place buy pot roast on line if you are looking for grass fed, hormone free, antibiotic free, pesticide free meat. While I do work for LaCense Beef, I can honestly tell you that they offer great tasting meat that is much healthier than the alternatives. That is why it is the only meat my family and I will eat. They will include delicious recipes. It makes for a terrific holiday gift for friends and family. You can get great deals this time of year. check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails