Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Whiter Than White


Rauls

What could be more beautiful than a white arab horse. This one is nearly 35 years old. His owner is 88! Before William bought him he had stood in a pasture all by himself for 15 long years. I think William has owned him about 7 or 8 years now. He was very calm in the first hours he was brought to his new barn. (Possibly drugged?) But all of a sudden he "woke up" and was like a young arab! William learned to ride on this horse!! He used to climb on and they'd let him go and it was off to the races. They are quite a team. Now he is retired with his pasture mates in a nice little barn with beautiful pastures. William comes to see and groom him nearly everyday. He is much loved by us all.


These photos were taken a week ago right after his fall bath.


He seemed to glow in the sunlight.


He may be older but he still has the heart of a young arab.


I'm linking this post with Faded Charm for "White Wednesday". Find all the others at:



Shirley

9 comments:

  1. He's beautiful. I didn't realize horses lived a long time. I learn so much from reading your blog. Thanks! La

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post of William's horse. I definitely think horses should have friends in the pasture. I am viewing this with tears in my eyes. My neighbor's white horse, Maggie aka Magnolia, went to that great pasture in the sky last weekend. Even though Maggie wasn't my horse I brushed her, rode her and would stop by to say Hi and give her a peppermint every morning on my walk. Ben, my dog, still is stopping to look for her. Okay...enough of that for now. Horses do live a long time and Maggie had a great life. xoxo Hope you have a wonderful day and Happy White wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful horse and I love to see that he is so loved and cared for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley --

    I love your blog for so many reasons. Most of all for your love and care of your horses and that you share that with your daughter.

    Do you read the Fugly Horse blog? With William's permission you should send in their story. How great a 35 year old horse can be when they are well loved and well cared for.

    There are so many sad stories out there and I love when she shares a happy one that sets a good example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think he is the most beautiful horse ever!
    By the way... your photos are very beautiful,too!

    DEBBIE MOSS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful horse! I used to have a Welsh pony that would roll in the dust after a bath! Happy WW! Thanks for your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah ...wonderful story!...We are horse owners...well horse workers...our daughter is the owner & she is in Australia on a 3 month trip!.....Visit & see her in the barn with her "Fred"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beauty...Arabians are such a classy horse. I've always loved them. What a great story.

    I'm visiting for White Wednesday. I'd love for you to pop in for a visit.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy I'll say, one of the most beautiful white pictures I've seen. What a life. I'm glad he has alot of love in it.

    cindy@stitches

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails