Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall Thrifty Finds

This week I'm linking to "Thrifty Thursday" at Tales From Bloggeritaville. You can find all the other participants here:




Visiting GW and the Thrift Shops!

First stop here was my favorite Thrift Shop in town. The most I paid was for this old tool carrier. ($12.00) But I have a thing for them, what can I say! I got the red check table cloth and that little candle for a couple dollars.



Another favorite Thrift Store had a half off sale so those two frames were only $1.00 and $1.50 and that set of CD's of an audio book was only $2.00. Great for when I'm driving.


The rest of the things I got at my local Goodwill.

I had a couple of these red check bowls already so there were a lot more there and I got a place setting for four. The desserts were 50 cents each and the rest were $1.00 each with 20% off that.
I just think they are sort of country and cute.


You can always use white cups and saucers. (50 cents ea.)


I buy all my barn clothes at Goodwill and there's nothing better in the winter to have a turtleneck as one of the layers! (I have lots of them!)


Now, here's a bargain I got at Marcs. It's a grocery and sort of everything store around the Cleveland area that has good prices. This huge 160z bag of Kale Greens was marked down to 50 cents!! I never made kale but I know it's really good for you. You can sort of use it like spinach I think. I tore up a bunch of it and put it in with some chicken I was doing in the crockpot tonight. I guess I'll go read up on things you can do with kale!
Shirley

4 comments:

  1. Love those plates!!

    And I love Kale! It is great sauteed in olive oil and garlic or I have a wonderful recipe for Kale & Chickpea Soup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what finds!! I think I need to start checking out the Thrift stores in town for some deals. I love your header. The jar of candy corn makes my mouth water. I love Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great finds Sirley! I love the tool box too - so useful. I was out shopping at T X Maxx yesterday and they had some candles that looked the same as yours which were (UK) £12 !
    So you had a REAL bargain with that one :o) Your turtle neck sure looks warm.
    Best wishes
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley!

    It looks like you had a sucessful shopping trip. I love Lilian Jackson Braun's cat series. I used to listen to them all the time. FUN!

    La

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails