Monday, December 13, 2010

Cookies and A Good Fire

I'm linking to the Christmas Cookie Exchange at:


A Wintery Day

I was snowed in today. There was a Level 2 Snow Emergency here in Medina. I wasn't about to go driving in it with my Honda!!
So I wrapped Christmas presents and baked cookies.



My favorite is always the Tollhouse Cookie.
I know it's nothing new or different. But here's my long standing recipe. Probably the same one on the Chocolate Chip bag!!
1 C Crisco
3/4 C white sugar
3/4 C brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs
1 tsp soda dissolved in 1 tsp hot water
2 1/4 C flour sifted with 1 tsp salt
1/2-1 C chopped nuts
1 big bag chocolate chips 1 tsp vanilla
Mix as given but add the soda and water right before the nuts and choc. chips.
Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased cookie tin
Bake at 375 for 10-12 min.
Enjoy!!!!



I also had a really good fire going today, as the winds were howling outside.
Notice I flipped the stockings up on the mantle so I didn't catch my house on fire!!!!
Those are Rocky's toys on the floor!
Shirley

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like the perfect day to me. I bought some ingredents today too and am excited to get baking. All the decorations are up now for the cookies!
    You know Rocky really didn't mean any harm he just loved the snowman to death.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks so inviting! What a beautiful place to be holed up in!
    I would love to be sitting in that big brown chair, a glass of milk and a tin of cookies right now!
    Our whole house is covered in animal toys. They never pick up after themselves, do they? Furballs, geez...
    We are not stuck in but am doing it by choice. The winds died down but yesterday and last night was such a mess!
    Did you ride Rocky to the barn to feed today? He's big enough to saddle!
    Hugs and stay warm- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely way to spend such a day!
    So inviting & homely with Rocky's toys around.
    Love your cake tins!

    Keep Warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, I, too, love Chocolate Chip cookies...especially when they're warm! That fire looks so inviting it's no wonder that Rocky has all the toys there for additional comfort...you know to rest his head! I think I'd probably be right next to him!!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. All those toys and he still chose the snowman!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails