Thursday, December 2, 2010

Two For One

Here is my Foodie Friday post but this week I have two.

Check here At Designs By Gollum for all the other participants:



#1 Sage and Bacon Chicken Tenders

I forget where I saw this way to fix chicken tenders. It might even have been here on Foodie Friday. If so, I apologize.
It is simple to do this and makes a tasty way to fix the tenders. I just put one whole sage leaf on each piece and wrapped it in a slice of bacon. Added a little pepper and the bacon makes it's own grease to cook in. Just cook until the bacon is done to suit you.


Since I only had some hash browns to make with them, I had a glass of Fusion to give me my vegetable and fruit.



#2 My Chili!

Actually this was the way my mother always made chili with a couple changes.
We don't really like spicy food so this is a very mild and slightly sweet chili.
I use ground turkey but Mom used ground meat. Mom used kidney beans but I'm not big on them so I substitute most any other kind of bean. These are Great Northern Beans.
(I sometimes use butter beans.)


The Ingredients:

1 LB ground turkey (or ground meat)
1 chopped onion
(Brown these in olive oil)
Salt and pepper
Add:
2-3 stalks celery chopped
1 can of beans (your choice)
2 cans of tomato soup
1 heaping TBSP. brown sugar
1/4 tsp chili powder
Simmer for about half an hour



Rocky is my constant companion in the kitchen because sometimes he gets to lick the pots!!



Here was my supper tonight. Great on this cold start of December.
But it needs a little something more.


Oh yes, cheese and some buttered bread!


Yummmmm!
Shirley

3 comments:

  1. Both of these look really good! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to give them both a try sometime this winter.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I will have to try those!! Btw, I love your blog!! It's one of my favorites!! =)

    jill n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it, Shirley! I've wanted to try using ground turkey in my chili, but haven't yet done so. I really like that bacon, sage & chicken tender idea too!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails