Monday, December 6, 2010

My Christmas Mantle

Christmas 2010

I finally worked on my Christmas mantle tonight.
I hope the "stockings" don't catch fire!!
This is the first year I've had a mantle and I'm loving it!
It is snowing like crazing outside and I'm cozy and warm in here by the fire.



Now Rocky has a place to hang his stocking!!!
It's been snowing for two days straight now and the drive to the barn this morning was harrowing!! I can't believe my little Honda didn't get stuck in the barn's driveway!
The drive home was a little better but I'm glad to be back in my house!
So I spent the evening sorting through my Christmas decorations.
after a nice big bowl of baked potato soup. YUM!!
Tomorrow I'll put up my Charlie Brown tree.
Shirley

5 comments:

  1. Shirley,
    Your mantel looks very nice. That fire would feel really good tonight, it is getting very cold. Love the images of your horses in the snow. Stay warm
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mantle is wonderful! I love the stones. You did a wonderful job fluffy it up for Christmas. Rocky sure has a big stocking! I love the little bones.
    We have little stockings for ours- we have little critters. They get toys and treats for Christmas. I don't have enough room to hang all of them so, we will hang them on the tree Christmas eve. That's when we fill the stockings.
    Hope that snow slows down some!
    Hook a sled up to Rocky to get to the barn!
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley - I love your mantle. Also have enjoyed your photos of the cold country, as I live in sultry Florida. G-d bless you and yours and shalom,
    Gail Golden

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty fireplace and your mantle looks wonderful! We always remove the stockings when we have a fire then rehang them afterwards just to be safe. It sounds so cozy to have snow! We have just gotten some very cold weather. Stay safe and I hope the horses are cozy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just the right amount of bling on the mantle. Very pretty. Watch that fire for sure. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails