Thursday, December 9, 2010

Healthy Meal from the Pantry

I'm linking up with Michael at Designs By Gollum for "Foodie Friday".


From the Pantry

Did you ever have a taste for something and you had to have it quick!! No time to cook spaghetti sauce for an hour, You have to eat NOW!
Well, that was me a couple days ago.
I went down to my "pantry", (which is shelves in my cellar!) and found a can of diced tomatoes.
Now there's a start.



I drained the tomatoes and heated them up. These were seasoned but if they weren't you could add some dry Italian salad seasoning mix or herbs of your own and a little olive oil and garlic.
I used whole grain spaghetti noodles.


And here is this delicious meal in about 15 minutes!
I topped it with fresh chopped basil and parsley and parmesan cheese.




It was as good as it looks!!!


Yum!
Now I feel better!!
Shirley

6 comments:

  1. Looks good enough to eat! We used to can tomatoes and my mom would make mac and tomatoes and it was the best.
    When I was pregnant, I craved breaded tomatoes! I like tomatoes in everything!
    Tete
    PS Is Rocky still in time out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. http://bit.ly/ifrXld

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I do this too! Especially in the summer when the basil is in the garden! Lovin' your new header Shirley-just beautiful:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Similar to what we had last night though I added some hot Italian sausage to it. Yummo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply delicious. This is a wonderful quick meal and your photos of the pasta are amazing. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Shirley...we're having pasta tonight...but it's with Joe's homemade sauce and meatballs & sausage. It's ready now...got to run!..:)JP

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails