Sunday, December 5, 2010

First Snow at the Barn


The horses were out in the paddock for the first snow that actually stuck today. It's supposed to snow all week.
Satire is looking over to see if the gate is open yet to come in!


The others are quite content.
I love snowy horse photos!!
It was the first day I wore my Carhartts to the barn. I got cold yesterday so I decided it was time!! I look ridiculous in them, my muck boots and my stupid hat but hey, it ain't a fashion show out there!!!
How's the weather where you are?
I came home and lit a fire in my fireplace. Now if I go sit in there, I'll fall asleep for sure! It gets real cozy warm.

Shirley

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE horses in the snow :) And I laugh at your Carhartt comment because I always get comments about my barn attire ;) I say hey, as long as I am warm, this ain't no fashion show :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the fire-we put in a soapstone wood stove a couple of years ago-and nothing compares to it-especially when the power goes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, our snow came this weekend as well! And, we've had the pellet stove going for several days now...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, you are one brave lady to go out in all that for those horses! Honey, one thing I learned on the farm- the animals don't care what you wear as long as you bring them food, water and a soft voice. They like their hugs, too!
    Your photos are amazing and the horses are so pretty in the snow with their heavy coats on!
    Love your new header, too!
    It's so pretty there.
    Hugs- Tete

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS Love Rocky's coat! I bet he likes the warm fire, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your snowy horse pictures! I just saw you live in Medina, OH. I'm from Columbus, not far down the road. You should come out with the rest of the Buckeye Bloggers next time we have an outing. We went to the French Hen Farm for her barn sale a few weeks ago in Marysville and then out to lunch. It was so nice to meet some of the people behind the blog. We'd surely like to meet you. I'm your newest follower.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails