Saturday, June 26, 2010

Horses

Yesterday with Michele's help, I gave Echo and Preacher baths! It was a good hot day for it. You can't bathe a big horse with a hose and not get wet!!! Preacher was good, no problem. Echo is afraid of things and you never know what it may be on any given day. We got him into the wash rack. I've been practicing with him doing that. He doesn't mind the water. One of us just kept talking to him, scratching him or giving him carrots while the other one scrubbed. He only freaked out once and ran out of the wash area. However he came back in with some coaxing. I didn't take any pictures as I was busy trying not to get killed!

Today they experimented putting the two herd of horses together in one large area so they could both get the benefit of the grassier pasture. Things went well and there were no big fights. Just some layed back ears and posturing while they are trying to figure out the new herd dynamics.




(Sorry for the finger. This was on my cell phone!)
I'll be there again tomorrow.
Shirley

3 comments:

  1. Oh Shirl ~ Fantastic pictures of the fellas in the field. I love horse pictures ... they are such beauties that you have.

    Have a lovely summers eve.
    TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... I stopped here to see your Pinks, but I saw horses and was completely diverted. I love this. And horse baths sound grand! I'm so homesick for my horse! Thanks for sharing yours!

    Maggie
    "Do these shoes match this purse?"

    PS- and i do like your pinks flowers on your previous post, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I perused your blog. I think you live in a very nice bubble. I would be happy to be in a bubble like that too! I loved the horses, loved the pinks, your dad was so handsome - definitely a movie star and your mother also. Loved your old picture too. So nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by Purple Chocolat Home. I still have two kids left at home so I can't be considered in a bubble yet, but a girl can dream!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails