Thursday, June 17, 2010

Today in the Garden

I spent the afternoon at the barn today mostly riding Echo. When I got home I wanted to weed my vegetable garden since it was a perfect June day with temps in the high 70's. After today it is supposed to get hot and humid. I weeded about half the rows then went here to the garden center to pick up a couple bales of straw.

I need a rose bush too but I was in too much of a hurry to look them all over and make that decision!


I got my weeding pretty much done and the straw down. It keeps the weeds down a lot.


I think my brother-in-law put this extension handle on my little hoe! It looks like something my Dad would've done, but then I think Bob learned a lot from my Dad so it just makes sense. Works really well for me!


And NOW!!!!! Remember I told you I saw some bluebirds sitting on the house for the past couple days. Well, I took a peek and Yes Sir!!! That's a Blue Bird nest!! Yipee!!!!
Tomorrow I am going to the barn a little earlier before it gets too hot.
Bye!
Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails