Saturday, June 12, 2010

My First Summer Sunday

I'm happy to join The Tablescaper at her first "Summer Sundays" party.
Be sure to visit this new event!!





Things that mean summer to me??

Well it has to be the bringing out of the hammock! Laying there in a warm breeze with one of my summer reads.


But I suppose summer to me is about having a garden. After all that's why I wanted to move out in the country. (This photo is of last year's garden because mine isn't very showy yet.)


And of course, I ALWAYS get to many zucchini so that means, lots of fried zucchini and iced tea.
(Plus zucchini made 20 other ways!!)
It's been really hot and humid today with some showers off and on and then sun, so it feels like the jungle out there!!
Have a happy Summer Sunday everyone. Enjoy!
Shirley

9 comments:

  1. Shirley:

    Thanks so much for joining "Summer Sundays".

    That hammock looks so inviting. I could definately spent some time reading or napping there.

    Looking forward to seeing how your garden progresses throughout the summer.

    Thanks again and looking forward to seeing you at future Summer Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  2. the hammock under that lovely tree with all those cool shadows and all that green looks like paradise to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shirley, I haven't visited you in a long time!
    Your garden looks wonderful...and the hammock...so peaceful!
    Have a great Sunday! It is a good one here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a slow year here for the gardens too. I would never get anything done in my garden if I put up that hammock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a place between trees overlooking the harbor where that hammock would be great. Enjoy some relaxing moments there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your summer Sunday photos are beautiful and I can almost taste that zuchini!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have it made in the shade here Shirley!
    The hammock, the veggies and the yummy zucchini dish.
    I like your idea of Summer Sundays!

    Jeanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm visiting from Beverly's Pink Saturday but can't find a saturday post, sweetpea, so just posting on this one.

    It's nice to meet you and your garden is very nice. I love hammocks but we don't have 2 trees close enough together to have one. Oh well, I'll snuggle on my front porch I suppose.

    xoxo,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to having you join us on the 20th for Summer Sundays!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails