Wednesday, June 2, 2010

June 3rd Thrifty Thursday


Here I am joining Leigh at Bloggeritaville for "Thrifty Thursday".
Please join us all at: http://lbratina.blogspot.com/



This has finally been a pretty good week at garage sales. I blogged about some other things a couple days ago if you want to see the rest. It's at: http://shirleys-world.blogspot.com/2010/05/thrifty-treasures-finally.html

Here is a great cookbook with lots of pictures and really good sounding recipes for $2.00.
Also a great full size apron that covers your whole front for baking. The fabric reminded me of my Grandma Wickersham. She always had an apron on and this just looked like her!

I never buy cookbooks anymore without photos! That's half the fun.



Here's a nice white ironstone big soup bowl for $1.00.





This cute little rusty can was $1.00. Fits right in with my primitives.



This was so cute I had to buy it, not that I needed it!


Good buy on linens. A square vintage white and pale pastel square table cloth in perfect shape for $4.00, eight aqua linen napkins for $2.00 and a couple hand crocheted napkins for $1.00.
Have a good week everyone,
Shirley

9 comments:

  1. Hi Shirley. I wanted to come by to thank you for visiting my blog and the suggestion to keep the clock face. I may consider that, but it's only cardboard, that's why I thought a mirror would work.

    Anywho, I'm so glad I came by because I love seeing your great finds. My mum used bisquick all the time for baking, so it brings back fond memories.

    That little trike is adorable, is it a miniature?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your finds brought back memories- the apron of family dinners, especially. And then "Remember" came on the musicbox. I loved Harry. This was in "The Point."
    I have a few collected tricycles. Yours looks older and more interesting. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want that darling trike! And I love ironstone, great finds there!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutley think you got the best buys of the week! GREAT pieces!!!!! Thanks for participating in Thrifty Thursday this week! Some great finds, my friend!
    Hugs!
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    wwwlbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shirley, Everything you found was something I would have picked out for myself! Especially love the ironstone bowl and the little primitive pot. That little trike is adorable. How large is it? Thanks so much for stopping by. I just got back from yard sale-ing this morning. Found some cute things- a few practical ones and some more stuff for decorating/crafting with. Have a good weekend! Oh, and nice to meet a fellow Buckeye gal!
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! You did really good! I love the ironstone bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have truly hit the jackpot! i had a good week for that too. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my country table. The chicken s&p's were my grandmothers. Have a wonderful week. Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails