Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Thrifty Thursday Collection 6-10

I'm back with Leigh at Tales from Bloggeritaville for "Thrifty Thursday". Thank you Leigh for hosting this fun place to show off our "stuff" we got.
See the list of participants at:




Thrifty Buys at Shirleys World

This week or week and a half, I've gotten some interesting things. I mainly shop at one or two favorite thrift shops and Goodwill!
I got this large old carpenter's carrier at the thrift store for $15.00. I can think of lots of uses for it from plants on the deck or porch to a neat holder for towels in the bathroom.




Here's a pewter cream and sugar from the same store for $4.95



This interesting box I had my eye on for awhile. It had been $18.00 But this week it was marked down to $8.00 so I got it.



Nice old white ironstone bowel from Goodwill for $2.00!!

This is the mark on the bottom of the ironstone above.


Also this bowl is from Goodwill for $1.00! Not old but I like blue and white!



A nice 36" woven runner for $2.95.




And I think my big bargain was my solid cherry, gate-leg dining room table from the antique mall for $325. (Marked down from $395 . . . which was a good price already!)
Happy hunting everyone. I feel like I'm always on the search. How about you??
Shirley

6 comments:

  1. WOW! May I give you MY shopping list! Beautiful finds ... all of them, & bargains to boot!

    Have a beau-TEA-ful day!
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that white bowl...and I was just at goodwill last week, dang!

    do you ever go to this and that antiques of the square in Medina....they get some nice things in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, Everything you found was lovely and, indeed, a bargain! Love the wooden box and the carrier. Isn't it just so much fun to go out and shop for things like this?
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow shirley, you got some wonderful thrift finds! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to stop admiring what others find at Goodwill, etc. and start going there myself. Thanks so much for the delicious looking/sounding recipe from yesterday. I would have never thought of pairing chicken and applesauce together in a dish. I'm certainly doing this one.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What good buys! I really like that box you showed first! I have been seeing those a lot lately as centerpieces. So neat.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails