Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pork Chops & Glazed Carrots

It's Foodie Friday again. I think this meme is the reason I cook as much as I do now. Heaven knows I don't need this much food but it seems more enjoyable taking pictures and sharing it with you all!
You can see all the participants and Michael Lee's beautiful blog at:




Pork Chops and Glazed Carrots

I first put the baby carrots on to cook. Well, that's an exciting start!!


I dipped the pork chops into buttermilk then bread crumbs. Added some herbs like tarragon, thyme and caraway. Personally I HAVE to add caraway to any pork or it gives me a stomach ache in the middle of the night!! That's always been the case! However if I add caraway seeds to it, that doesn't happen. Remember the grandmother's trick of giving a colicky baby caraway water. Well, obviously it works : ))
I baked the pork chops in the oven till done well.


Then I browned them to a dark brown quickly in hot olive oil.


I made a quick and easy sauce with sour cream, thinly sliced green onion to taste and a little milk to make it saucy.


The carrots were just tossed in a brown sugar and butter glaze.


This was quite delicious if I do say so myself : ))
Happy eating.
Shirley

4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely looking meal! I LOVED seeing your iron skillet...perfect for browning :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious. The guys always love meals like this!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pork chops are such a comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, the pork chops look moist and delicious! Never heard that before about caraway. Will add that to my next shopping list.
    Thanks,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails