Sunday, May 30, 2010

Blue Bird Eggs



Remember the bluebird eggs laid in the house with no nest??


Remember, I gave it sort of a nest?


Well It's been a month. Usually bluebird eggs hatch in 2 weeks. The mama came and sat on them for awhile but they haven't been around in the past week. So there will be no baby birdies. Sad, I know. Maybe they got too cold before I put the cloth in there, who knows.


So today I brought them in the house and put them in an old nest I've had on my mantle in the library. I will treasure them.
I cleaned out the blue bird box and can only hope that they will try again.
Shirley

3 comments:

  1. My 5 year old had found a Robin's egg in the edge of the woods. I saved it inside an old nest too. I thought it might be a problem, but so far no odor. I posted a link back to you with the Blueberry Muffins. I will probably make them again soon! Thanks! Have a great weekend!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, bless those babies but at least they have a comfortable place in the nest you have.
    The color, I would love to have a room painted that color...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing the eggs were layed without a nest. They are a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails