Thursday, May 6, 2010

Foodie Friday, Lemon Drizzle Cake



I am joining the ranks of the food people with a pretty cake.
See all the other fabulous morsels on Michael's blog, Designs by Gollum featuring the now famous "Foodie Friday".




Lemon (Drizzle) Cake

I got this recipe from this book I got at Marshalls a couple weeks ago. It has fabulous, delicious pictures which always sells me! I don't like cook books without pictures!



OK, Here's the recipe. But I'm warning you right up front . . . forget about steps 6 and 7!!!
They take a really good lemon cake and make it so sour that I actually threw my first piece away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, my mouth still wouldn't stop puckering!!! I had to have something sweet and have it fast! But I am getting ahead of myself!



Here's the steps 1 through 5. (I refuse to tell you 6 & 7!)
Grate a rind of one lemon and squeeze the juice. Should be about 3-4 TBSP.
Grease round pan with butter and place parchment paper on bottom.



Mix dry ingredients:
1 3/4 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 C superfine sugar



Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl:
4 eggs whisked
2/3 C sour cream
Grated rind of one lemon
3-4 TBSP Lemon juice
2/3 C vegetable oil



Mix all together till blended well.



Pour into cake pan and bake in a preheated oven of 350 degrees for 45-60 min.



Now, FORGET ABOUT DOING STEPS 6&7!!
I quickly frosted my cake with a butter cream frosting. It would also be very good with a cream cheese frosting but I had a can of the butter cream on hand and I needed something sweet FAST!


Now, the cake was very good, moist and delicious. After all it was my birthday cake : ))


Nummmmmmmmmm
Have a sweet Friday.
Shirley

7 comments:

  1. This cake looks very delish, thanks for sharing. :-)

    erica-sweetonyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon is the best flavoring. So fresh tasting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove lemon! And it is very tricky to work with - because there really has to be a good balance between the sweet and the sour. I'm glad you've found your perfect version of this so you could enjoy your birthday cake!

    Thanks for sharing @ Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks delicious! Thanks for posting the recipe. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!! ~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemon is so lovely and luscious in the Spring! Belated Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday... Lemon is MY favorite cake too... especially with my sister's lemon zest frosting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails