Thursday, May 27, 2010

To Die For Blueberry Muffins!

I am joining the "Foodie Friday" group at Michael Lee's Designs by Gollum. You can see this lovely party here:




The Best Blueberry Muffins!!!!

(Recipe is at the end of the post.)

Here are the ingredients that I collected before I started. There should be cinnamon there to but I got it later!




Cut up your streusel topping till it looks like this and set aside. Top the muffins before baking.



Here are the muffins going into the oven. This recipe makes 12 of these medium muffins or 8 large ones.



When done, cool for 10-15 minutes then remove to wire rack. Use paper muffin cups or grease your muffin tin well.



Then enjoy with some butter. These are the best blueberry muffins I've ever had!!!!!!!!!!

To Die for Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
3/4 Cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Mix these dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
Using a measuring cup, combine
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg and enough milk to make 1 cup.
Mix this with dry ingredients.
Fold in 1 cup fresh (or frozen) blueberries.
Fill muffin ups right to the top and sprinkle with streusel topping.

Streusel Topping:
1/2 Cup sugar
1/3 Cup flour, 1/4 Cup butter
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Mix with a pastry cutter or fork.

Add to muffins before baking. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 in.


Enjoy!
Shirley

13 comments:

  1. I love blueberry muffins, thanks for sharing your recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My! I think I have everything to make these!!! Thanks Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everybody love a blueberry muffin :). I love how nicely your recipe tuns out.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirley, these look wonderful and anything that looks this good must be delicious. Your photos are really beautiful. I hope you are having a good day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your muffins look divine and I know they taste even better, but all I really want is that adorable dog on your header. What would you like? I will make a trade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love muffins with streusel. Great looking recipe! Yum! I invite you to come and link this up at my blog if you like: Vegetarian Foodie Fridays at Breastfeeding Moms Unite! Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look wonderful! It is very early and I am hungry and I wish I had one!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Shirley: I've "met" you on several of my favorite blogs and decided to stop in and say hello. And, when I get to your place, I'm greeted with those delicious muffins. My favorite of those wonderful photos is the muffin slathered in butter! I'm also listening to one of my favorite hymns! So, it's nice to meet you and I hope you'll stop by my place for a visit!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh do you happen to have an extra plate?

    I hope you'll stop by and see my video for a French Macaroon video. There are bloopers. :)

    I am also hosting a giveaway for a French Basketeer tote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband grew up loving Duncan Hines' bakery style muffins. I used to buy the mixes, but have recently started looking for a homemade version. Yours look like they just might be close enough to replace the mix. I have copied the recipe and intend to try it out. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shirley,
    I did make these muffins last night! The smell in the kitchen was amazing!!! The kids ate them all before midnight, except one. If it is still in the fridge, with the "Don't eat" sign on it, I plan to make a mosaic for Monday with it and other summery pics. I will link back to you and feature this recipe. It was just the most delicious muffins! Thanks for sharing with us.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. These do look like the best blueberry muffins! We will need to give this one a try!! Thanks for sharing :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Couldn't pass up this recipe! Made it today but for some reason they didn't rise like yours in the center. Delish tho!

    Thanks,
    jill n.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails